A few weeks ago I was at the beach with Sweet Z’s family. Do you remember when Alicia made that gorgeous and delicious summer crostada and shared it with you? I thought I would reach back and share a few scenes with you…This trip will be the last time I take a plane for awhile…
“Behind the Beautiful Forevers” by Katherine Boo. I started reading this after just seeing The Lunchbox. I recommend you both the book and the film out!
Then we came home…and work on the house began. It has been a busy week…and I just had to eat some raw cookie dough! Before you freak out over eggs…relax. This is eggless and I will totally share this recipe with you!
In making better choices and other news – I am off to make up a batch of sangria – pregnancy friendly sangria!
- I adapted this recipe from Carrie This Home
- 1/4 C. dark brown sugar
- 2 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 T. milk (I used almond milk)
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. flour (next time I am using white whole wheat)
- pinch of salt
- handful of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- Additional add ins could be: oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cherries...endless possibilities!
- In a small bowl beat together the brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla extract, pinch of salt and flour and slowly stir together until well combined.
- Add in a handful of chocolate chips.
- You may wish to stick this in the freezer (for 15 minutes) or fridge (for 30 minutes) to firm up a bit or just spoon it into your mouth.