I would like to share a simple, easy summer salad recipe with you today. This is a no cook recipe which makes it a snap to prepare when the weather is hot and humid outside. The fresh squash pairs nicely with the fresh herbs. There is a tiny kick from the red pepper flakes along with a bit of crunch from a sprinkle of sunflower seeds. Those pieces of parmesan on top add a bit of decadence. A summer salad done right! Happy weekend, friends!
- 3 - 4 summer squash, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 - 3 T. olive oil
- 2-3 t. lemon juice
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 C. of chopped fresh herbs, chopped - I used basil and mint
- Handful of sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few shavings of good parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the squash into rounds. I used my food processor disc for this!
- Add the squash rounds to a medium sized bowl.
- Add to this the olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sunflower seeds, and freshly chopped herbs and toss to combine. Grate a few shavings of parmesan cheese over the top.
- Let this stand for 10 minutes to let the flavors meld together then serve!
- This is best eaten the same day it is made.