Kale chips. Did you know just how easy they can be? I have always used the oven to bake them and the results were consistent and always delicious. Recently, I was crunching on some kale chips that my mother-in-law made. We were talking about how easy they were. I asked if she baked them in the oven? No, she said. What was her secret? I had to find out!The secret is that these kale chips can be ready in under 3 minutes.
Ok, maybe the entire process will take you 10 minutes…washing, drying and tearing the kale into chip sized pieces. The kale pieces are tossed in some olive oil and get spread out on a plate in a single layer.
Then they go into the microwave.
The microwave. Yes, you read that correctly! The kale chips get crisped in the microwave checking at 30 second intervals for up to 3 minutes. After the kale chips are crisped to absolute perfection I seasoned the chips with a touch of sea salt.
This is a speedy snack that I can make in no time flat!! I hope you have not moved on from the kale chip craze, friends! Go grab a bunch of kale today and enjoy this satisfying snack for yourself!
- 1 bunch of kale
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Toss the kale pieces in a few teaspoons of olive oil to lightly coat the leaves. (Note: the kale chips will shrink upon cooking)
- Spread the kale pieces in a single layer on a microwave safe plate. You will cook these in batches.
- Cook the chips for up to 3 minutes, checking at 30 second intervals until the chips are crispy.
- Transfer the kale chips to a serving bowl and salt to taste.
- The kale chips may be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Enjoy!